Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Climb?

A few weeks ago, I took little L to the local park. The gym equipment there is geared towards old children, but she loves to try to keep up with the big kids anyway. I turn around for a few seconds to grab something out of her stroller and see her attempting to climb up a swiss cheese looking thing. I flip out and run over to her to make sure she doesn't fall and crack her head. I tried to pull her of the equipment but she throws a fit and runs back to re-attempt the climb. I stand back and watch as my 16 month old baby climbs up the swiss cheese thing and make it to the top without any help. I pick her up, hug her, and place her on the ground. As soon as her feet hit the ground she runs right back over and re-climbs the equipment. By the end of our time at the park she had climbed up that piece of equipment ten times. All the way home she babbled in the back seat and wouldn't stop smiling. It made me think of how even the smallest or biggest things can be accomplished if you are given a chance to do so. Watching little L be so proud of herself made me realize that it is okay to take a step back and just see what happens. When you do that you may be shocked at the outcome.
~Lisa Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment